Below are some media sources which people on the Courage Homes team have found helpful as we grow in our understanding of human trafficking.
This is a link to a digital library that contains references to a ton of resources concerning child trafficking, including resources covering rehabilitation of rescued trafficked victims.
- Stop the Traffik by Steve Chalke, Cherie Blair
- Terrify No More by Gary Haugen
- Sexually Exploited Children by Phyllis Kibourn & Marjorie McDermid
- Enslaved by Rahila Gupta
- Not for Sale by David Batstone
- Renting Lacy by Linda Smith
- Escaping The Devil’s Bedroom by Dawn Herzog Jewell
Movies about Trafficking
- The Day My God Died – A documentary about the trafficking of girls from Nepal to India.
- Not Today – When a college student travels to India for a summer trip with a few friends, he finds himself in a situation that will change his life forever.
- Not My Life – Not My Life probes the dark, hidden, and often unspeakable realities of human trafficking and modern-day slavery.
- Human Trafficking – Women and children are enslaved – kidnapped or sold into sex-trafficking rings. This is a tough, uncompromising drama about the brutal realities faced by some of them.
- Taken – A Hollywood film, starring Liam Neeson. A retired CIA agent travels across Europe and relies on his old skills to save his estranged daughter, who was kidnapped on a trip to Paris to be sold into prostitution.
- Tainted Love - “Tainted Love” is an original series where victims and experts uncover the modern day slave trade of sex trafficking and human trafficking and celebrate the efforts of modern abolitionists fighting to set them free.
- 93% of missing women and girls remain unfound in APThe Times of India – June 2013 http://http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/hyderabad/93-of-missing-women-and-girls-remain-unfound-in-AP/articleshow/20557351.cms?intenttarget=no.
eceA sobering article on the problem on missing girls and women in Andhra Pradesh.
- India: Border guards – critical stakeholders in combating human trafficking UNODC – June 7, 2012 http://www.unodc.org/
southasia//frontpage/2012/This article is about a national training program organized by the MINISTRY OF HOME AFFAIRS, GOVERNMENT OF INDIA; BORDER SECURITY FORCE; UNITED NATIONS OFFICE ON DRUGS AND CRIME, REGIONAL OFFICE FOR SOUTH ASIA june/border-guards—critical- stakeholders-in-combating- human-trafficking.html
Trafficking in Persons Report 2014 U.S. State Dept.
http://www.state.gov/j/tip/rls/tiprpt/countries/2014/226740.htm The latest TIP report from the U.S. State department.
- Church in India fights human trafficking Catholic News – April 22, 2012 http://www.catholicnews.sg/
index.php?option=com_content&A short article about a diocese in Jashpur that is helping trafficking victims. view=article&id=7406&Itemid=40
- 16 Million Women in India are Slaves Times Of India – Dec. 11, 2013 http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/16-million-women-in-India-forced-into-sex-trade/articleshow/27224037.cms?referral=PM A report that aims to draw attention to the state of women in India.
- Jharkand Maids being Targeted Times of India July 18, 2014 http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Rescued-Jharkhand-maids-continue-to-be-stalked-by-human-traders/articleshow/38568680.cms An article about trafficking of young girls out of Jharkand and the vulnerability there.